LXA Startup Lawyers focuses on early stage investors and qualifying startups (the latter being startups with a certain traction). We partner with various accelerators, such as Startup Corner (a YES!Delft and StartupDelta initiative) and work closely together with other service providers (such as valuators, corporate finance parties, subsidy advisors, accountants, tax lawyers and notaries). We believe startups deserve lawyers who understand their needs and who are capable of providing added value without making things unnecessarily complicated. We are the one-stop-shop for both investors and the founders of the ventures of the future.
- 200+ startups made investment ready since 2015
- 100+ venture capital transactions handled since 2015
Unique selling points:
- full service business law firm
- vast startup experience
- vast venture capital experience
LXA Startup Lawyers is a team of sharp, hands-on and creative lawyers that guarantees a high level of responsiveness and service orientation.
We are the trusted advisor to various investors (including investment funds) and handle financing rounds on a daily basis. Our role varies from providing background advice and drafting a single clause to handling the transaction entire.
Startups: the LXA Engine
As a startup founder, you are probably hesitant to involve lawyers during your search for a scalable business model. You’re probably so product focused, and cash is probably so limited, that legal matters may not get the attention required to build a venture with the power to attract investors. For qualifying startups, we minimize this risk by providing the legal building block required to build an investor proof venture. This building block is called the Engine.
To be concrete, the LXA Engine consists of:
- legal screening of your business model
- legal advice on day-to-day matters during your venture building and MVP process
- advice on IP matters (including filing of designs, patents, trademarks and domain names, freedom to operate analyses and infringement opinions)
- advice on the preferred corporate structure (including the incorporation of a BV)
- confidentiality, R&D and (intercompany) licensing agreements
- GDPR compliance scans
- founders’, management and employment agreements
- employee participation plans
- commercial agreements
- (master) franchise agreements
- website documents (such as general terms, disclaimer and privacy statement)
- advice on subsidies (such as WBSO subsidies) and insurances
- corporate finance assistance (including pitch deck services)
- advice on fiscal matters (such as the Innovation Box)
- term sheets (check our online term sheet generator: lxa.nl/nl/termsheetgenerator)
- advice on and handling of traditional investment rounds (FFF, angel, seed, Series A, B and C and IPO)
- advice on and handling of ICO’s